Monday, October 13, 2008

Elizabeth's Baptism


Yesterday at church Elizabeth was baptized. It was a really special moment for us as a family, plus it gave us an opportunity to explain to Trey what it meant. I was reminded yesterday of how great it is to be able to give my child "back" to God. I feel so blessed that He gave her to me for this time on earth, and yesterday I laid her life in His hands- I want God to hold Elizabeth in His hands. Baptism by no means saves Elizabeth, but she is a part of a covenant family and we as her parents promise to help guide her in her own decision to make Christ her Savior. I cannot wait for the day that both of my kids make that personal decision and pray that they will live a life full of the blessings that can only come from above! Often I am so hard on myself for making mistakes or not being the perfect parent...it can literally drive me crazy. But then I remember that Jesus is the perfect parent and loves my kids even more than I do. When I feel like a failure or that I have nothing left to give, Jesus will carry me and pick up where I can't! It's so comforting to know that Bobby and I are not alone...we do not have to worry about being the perfect parents, because Jesus will take care of it for us.

It was so cool because we also sang my favorite song, "In Christ Alone". I was so happy that they picked this particular Sunday to sing it! We also sang a new song, "Jesus Paid it All". One part of the song really stood out to me, so I thought I would share it.

And I hear the Savior say, "Thy strength indeed is small. Child of weakness, watch and pray, Find in me thine all in all." I couldn't even really sing the words because I tend to get choked up when things really touch me, but I prayed right then that YES Lord, my strength is so little, I am so weak, help me to find my all in YOU! Life would be so much easier if I could just learn to do that on a daily basis.....my worth is in Jesus, and He loves me for me, weaknesses and all. :) I hope everyone had a great weekend! I have attached a picture of Elizabeth in her baptism dress.....not a very good one, but she was passed out!:)

No comments:


look at my tough guy!!

me and my sweet baby