Monday, January 12, 2009

MOPS

Today I went to my first MOPS meeting of the new year. Sometimes it's hard for me to actually get up and get going and of course get Elizabeth ready to go, but I always end up glad I went. It is good fellowship with other young moms and it gives me a break from the usual routine. Today a woman named Janice, who is in her 80's, gave a talk that I thought was worth mentioning. Janice said that over the years she has asked God for many things. He has always answered her prayers, just not always in the way she wanted them answered. It reminded me that our ways are not always His ways. I pray for many things and ask for many things. When I get them, I am always like "wow, prayer works!" And sometimes when my prayers are not answered (the way I want them to be), I get discouraged and am tempted to incorrectly think God did not hear or God did not answer my prayers. SO FAR FROM THE TRUTH! I need to remember that God hears me ALL the time, and He answers my prayers ALL the time......Just in His own perfect way. This year I am praying for some very specific things for my husband....But without giving the specific, overall I want Bobby to be happy....I know that seems very simple. But I want Bobby to be happy in his job, happy as my husband, happy as a father. I want Bobby to know he is loved and that he is ABLE to do so much that others don't always give him the credit for. I'm going to say this at the risk of being mooshy (and I am so NOT mooshy:), but God really blessed me when He gave me Bobby. Bobby is smart, loving, kind, and very patient with his aggravating wife! Of course sometimes he drives me crazy, what husband doesn't, but overall I know how absolutely lucky I am to have him. I know that God will bless Bobby and lead Bobby down the path he wants for him. I am going to pray what I want for him and what I know he wants for himself, and trust God to answer it in the way that is HIS. God's way is the only way we want for our lives, even though sometimes it may disappoint us at first, in the end we know it's best! I hope everyone will pray for our family and that exciting changes will be in our future! Love ya'll!!

1 comment:

meandmyfro said...

i thought i had read this but i hadnt! thanks babe, that means a lot. glad i have a small, but strong fan club:) love you!


look at my tough guy!!

me and my sweet baby